Submissions on WDC Growth Strategy Issues
The WDC recently presented their Growth Strategy to the Community. We have summarized the concerns of those that attended the meeting:
1. There should be a moratorium on Growth until Public consultations with Community have occurred and Public consultations should continue to be done throughout the ENTIRE process of any development
2. There should be No expansion of Residential Areas beyond the current Residential Zones (RVRE)
3. The community overwhelmingly wants an increase in the minimum lot size from the 500 m2 currently allowed for in the RVRE designation
There are two maps that show the proposed future growth in the Parua Bay and Whangarei Heads areas. You will note the large area of proposed residential development in both areas. How can this be planned when there has been no consultation with the community?
We recommend that you submit your objections on the Growth Strategy to the WDC. You can either use the summary above, or communicate your own concerns but please do so. The more of us that send in submissions, the more WDC will realize that our voice needs to be heard.
YOU CAN VIEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE GROWTH STRATEGY AT:
YOU CAN DO SUBMISSIONS
- via email – send to: email@example.com
- Or Online, through Survey Monkey at:
Please note that submissions are due by 24 June.